Sunday 30 December 2007

Happy Anniversary Dad and Mum


To Dad and Mum on their 23rd anniversary on 29/12/07

I could have got you flowers
Plush cards or silver rings
But if there's no sincerity
Then gifts don't mean a thing

Instead to both of you I write
These verses to impart
Like this it's easier to express
The content of my heart

You brought me here into this earth
A child to call your own
Nursed and taught and sheltered me
Your house has been my home

As years went on we shared some laughs
Smiles etched in memory
Other times were not as smooth
A near catastrophe

Resentment's been a friend before
Implosive icy stares
My mind emotions oft have asked
If you did really care

And though it's taken quite a while
Through prayer I finally see
Two holy lives that still reflect
The Father's love for me

Two lives that celebrate today
Their anniversary...

Love Jordan


No comments: